Smiley's Weight Loss

Smiley's Downhill Slide

Chris' Weight Loss

Chris' Downhill Slide

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Running...

OK, so now I'm really proud of myself! The day is getting better and better. A friend of mine who is a really fast distance runner gave me some advice for running. I used to be a sprinter, not a distance runner, so I'm having a hard time with this whole thing. Well, add to the mix that I've been overweight for a long time, and of course it's gonna be hard. But anyway, he told me to push thru the pain. So tonight I pushed thru harder than I have been. I did end up walking for about 1 minute towards the end, but then started running again and picked up my speed even more. So I beat my previous time from 2 days ago by 1:21 and in one week I've improved my time by 3:26!!! I can't believe it's only been one week since I've started and I'm already running a 12 minute mile! So thank you to my friend with good advice!!!

1/22/09 - 24:04
1/20/09 - 25:25
1/18/09 - 26:41
1/15/09 - 27:30

No comments: