Smiley's Weight Loss

Smiley's Downhill Slide

Chris' Weight Loss

Chris' Downhill Slide

Thursday, January 15, 2009

2 miles!!!!

Well, it's not very often I post more than once in a day, but I had to get back on here tonight before bed. I decided to get back on my dreaded treadmill tonight, for the first time since hurting my foot on it. I wanted to get an idea of how far I could run without stopping, and see if I could even run without my foot hurting. Well, I did pretty good I think, for not running more than a couple times in the last I don't know how many years! I started off just walking to get used to the darn thing again, but after 2 minutes I'd had enough. So I cranked it up and ran and didn't stop till I got to 2 miles! It took me 27 1/2 minutes, but I did it without stopping (or falling off). :) I'm quite happy with what I accomplished tonight. I wasn't figuring I'd go further than a mile, but I had to keep pushing and pushing. So I'm gonna be ready for the Truffle Shuffle in 3 weeks! I may not place in the top 1/2, but for me, just running 2 miles is a huge thing! So whatever time I get, I'll be happy!

No comments: