Smiley's Weight Loss

Smiley's Downhill Slide

Chris' Weight Loss

Chris' Downhill Slide

Friday, October 10, 2008

Weigh In!

Well, I was actually really surprised by the scale today. It hasn't been a great week for me. I let the stress get to me a little on Wednesday and ended up eating a candy bar. I kicked myself for it afterwards, but what's done is done, so I dealt with it. I have been very frustrated this week too because of the weather and it getting dark earlier. I haven't been walking all week. So last night I decided to go ahead and work out at home. So I did my 3 mile Walk Away the Pounds workout in the morning and my 4 mile one last night. It felt really good to know I worked out twice yesterday. And I guess it helped, because I lost 3.6 lbs. this week! I also got over 8 hours of sleep last night, so that may have helped a little too.

I also had a couple challenges this week that I beat. The first one was the 2 day crop-a-thon. There was a chocolate fountain both days and eating out. Saturday I stopped and got breakfast at McDonald's, but just got a breakfast sandwich and no hashbrown like I normally would have. The Village Green provided lunch, which I was a bit concerned about because it had a sandwich. I've been trying really hard to stay away from bread, but I went ahead and ate it anyway since I didn't really have a choice. But I didn't eat the chips that came with it. Saturday night we went to Carl's Jr. for dinner and I just got a burger, no fries. Then Sunday morning came a challenge. Gabe had a friend spend the night and they slept in the living room. Which meant I couldn't work out in the morning. I waited until 7:30 hoping they would wake up and I could kick them out, but it didn't happen. I didn't have time to get a good walk in, so I decided to run. I haven't run in 18 years. But I was gonna sure try. I actually did pretty good. I ran 5 minutes, walked a couple, ran about 5 more, walked a couple and alternated that way the whole time. I did 2 miles in 20 minutes and 4 seconds. I thought I was gonna die by the time I got home, but I was so proud of myself for doing it. And I worked up quite a sweat from it too. :) I ate a good breakfast - 2 eggs, and then for lunch split a patty melt and fries with a friend. It was a late lunch plus the snacks at Village Green, so I wasn't hungry, so I ended up not eating dinner that night. As for the chocolate fountain, I barely touched the chocolate. I ate mostly fruit the first day, the second day I split a brownie with a friend and had a little bit of other stuff on my plate. But I feel like I accomplished quite a bit the last week. The last three challenges I would normally have failed, I've done great with. The County Fair, my birthday, the crop-a-thon. So now I feel like I can tackle any challenge that comes along.

As for working out, today was day 66! I haven't taken a day off in 66 days. I don't even have the urge to take a day off. It feels really good to get up in the morning, no matter if there is school or not, and get that workout in. It makes me feel like I've already accomplished something for the day, before it's really even started.

I'm almost halfway to my goal. I have .3 left to lose, and only 1.6 to hit my October goal of 180. So come back next week to see where I'm at!

10-10-08 (181.6) (-3.4) (Total loss -31) (-14.6%) (BMI: 27.6)
10-3-08 (185) (-2.7) (Total loss -27.6) (-13%) (BMI: 28.1)
9-26-08 (187.7) (-3.4) (Total loss -24.9) (-11.7%) (BMI: 28.5)
9-19-08 (191.1) (-3) (Total loss -21.5) (-10.1%) (BMI: 29.1)
9-12-08 (194.1) (-1.6) (Total loss -18.5) (-8.7%) (BMI: 29.5)
9-5-08 (195.7) (-1.3) (Total loss -16.9) (-7.9%) (BMI: 29.8)
8-29-08 (197) (-4.2) (Total loss -15.6) (-7.3%) (BMI: 30)
8-22-08 (201.2) (-2.6) (Total loss -11.4) (-5.4%) (BMI: 30.6)
8-15-08 (203.8) (-5.4) (Total loss -8.8) (-4.1%) (BMI: 31)
8-8-08 (209.2) (-3.4) (Total loss -3.4) (1.6%) (BMI: 31.8)
8-5-08 (212.6) (Start) (BMI: 32.3)

No comments: