Smiley's Weight Loss

Smiley's Downhill Slide

Chris' Weight Loss

Chris' Downhill Slide

Friday, October 3, 2008

Weigh In!

Well, it was another great weigh in! I was a bit worried, because I'm one of those that gets on the scale everyday, morning and night. It helps me stay on track, so I have to do it. But yesterday was a bit frustrating. I had actually gained .2. Now, I know it's not a big gain, but it caused me to be down only 1/2 a pound for the 6 days since my last weigh in. So I was really upset, not knowing why I wasn't losing, because I'd been really good the last few days. So all day yesterday I was in a funk, trying to figure it out. I really pushed myself to eat good, especially since my workout wasn't very good in the morning. I wasn't feeling very good yesterday when I got up, I was just plain exhausted, had a head-ache and was really dizzy. So I thought for sure my day was ruined. But I stuck to it, didn't have any caffeine. I got on the scale last night and was actually .9 lower than in the morning. I even got on the scale twice just to make sure it was right. So that gave me a little hope that today would be OK. And then I get on the scale this morning and had actually lost 1.9 since yesterday morning! I was blown away! So I must have just retained water for some strange reason. I knew I worked hard to lose weight, so on the day it matters, it came out OK. I was quite relieved. Then today I went to Eugene. I planned on eating what I wanted for a change when we went out for lunch, but when it came down to it, I stuck to a kids meal at Wendy's. I just can't bring myself to sabotaging what I've accomplished. I was also going to sleep in this morning for another hour and skip my workout, but my alarm went off at 4:50 and I ended up getting up a little after 5 and did my 4 mile workout. I just can't tell myself no. But I was really glad I got up and did it, because it made me feel great and I feel like I accomplished something. I still can't believe how motivated I still am. I know this time I'll get to the finish line, that 150 mark. I still have 35 lbs. to go, but after 27.6, I'm not turning back. I will never go back up again. I've worked too hard to let it slip away again. And my self esteem has gone up tremendously! So for any of you out there reading this, please consider doing this! It's amazing how much better you'll feel, even after losing 10 lbs. I'm still amazed that I'm almost at 3o lbs! That's huge!

Now, I have another challenge. This week-end is the 2 day crop-a-thon. Last year we had lots of junk food sitting in front of us, and I told myself this year I wouldn't do it. I really don't want to ruin what I've worked so hard for. So I thought I would just buy one bag of Halloween candy and eat some of that. So I went to Wal-Mart today, walked thru the whole candy aisle twice, and left. I couldn't bring myself to buying any! I'm so proud of myself! I looked at every kind of candy, even the jr. mints, which are my favorite, and walked away. I have some baby carrots that I'm going to put in ziplocs and take a small cooler and munch on those. My goal is to lose weight this week-end, not gain like last year. But I know I can do it, because I have some great motivation!!! So until next time...

10-3-08 (185) (-2.7) (Total loss -27.6) (-13%) (BMI: 28.1)
9-26-08 (187.7) (-3.4) (Total loss -24.9) (-11.7%) (BMI: 28.5)
9-19-08 (191.1) (-3) (Total loss -21.5) (-10.1%) (BMI: 29.1)
9-12-08 (194.1) (-1.6) (Total loss -18.5) (-8.7%) (BMI: 29.5)
9-5-08 (195.7) (-1.3) (Total loss -16.9) (-7.9%) (BMI: 29.8)
8-29-08 (197) (-4.2) (Total loss -15.6) (-7.3%) (BMI: 30)
8-22-08 (201.2) (-2.6) (Total loss -11.4) (-5.4%) (BMI: 30.6)
8-15-08 (203.8) (-5.4) (Total loss -8.8) (-4.1%) (BMI: 31)
8-8-08 (209.2) (-3.4) (Total loss -3.4) (1.6%) (BMI: 31.8)
8-5-08 (212.6) (Start) (BMI: 32.3)

No comments: