Smiley's Weight Loss

Smiley's Downhill Slide

Chris' Weight Loss

Chris' Downhill Slide

Thursday, September 6, 2007

1st day of school!!!

Well, I'm sitting here for the first time by myself while both kids are at school. I'm enjoying the quiet, but it's weird not having someone constantly wanting attention or needing something. And it's so quiet! It's a different kind of quiet than when the kids are just at someone's house. Guess it's just a mental thing. :)
Kassie did great. She got a little clingy walking in, wouldn't let her picture be taken, but she let me leave and didn't cry or hold on for dear life. She met a cute little girl named Natalie, so she sat by her to color. It was so nice not having to fight her to stay. But the second I sat down in the van I lost it. Mommy boo-hooed for several minutes. But I finally gained my composure and survived. :)

As for Gabe, the poor little guy. We got to the school and we had to ask where his classroom was, because they just told us the teacher's name. The only problem...they weren't letting kids go to their rooms until 8:10. I had to be at Kassie's school before 8:20 (when it starts). So I explained to him where it was, because it's outside, and asked a friend of ours to help him find it if he is wandering the halls lost. I felt absolutely horrible! I can't believe on the first day of school they won't at least let the parents take them down to show them where to go! Don't they realize that parents have to get their other kids to pre-school too? So I'm going to talk to them about doing it different next year. For the first time in his life, Gabe looked terrified to have to be on his own. So I'm taking him to DQ this afternoon to make up for abandoning him.

So anyway, here are some pix of the kids before school. They look so cute, don't they? :) I'll write more later and tell you how it went at school!

Smiley :)

2 comments:

kelly said...

briscothor

Smiley, That pic brings back so much for me. I remember when I took those pic's every year. My kiddos are no longer going to school. Kinda a good thing tho. But it makes me OLD!

Penny said...

Looking good, Kids. I know you're going to love school!!!
Hugs, Penny