Smiley's Weight Loss

Smiley's Downhill Slide

Chris' Weight Loss

Chris' Downhill Slide

Saturday, March 8, 2008

More demolition!

Well, I couldn't take it any longer. Our small bathroom at the back of the house was driving me nuts. I'm a bit chlosterphobic and it's so dinky, so I don't like to go in there. We plan on remodeling it anyway, and the shower was nasty so we never use it, so I decided to tear it apart tonight. It was a little more than I anticipated, so Chris had to come to my rescue. I tell ya what, the guy who lived here before loved to nail and screw as much as he could to make sure whatever it was didn't go anywhere. And he attached everything to everything else. So there was a lot of wood breaking all around. Nothing bad though, so it's liveable. It's just ugly. :) So we're hoping we won Powerball tonight so we can fix it now, rather than wait till we have money to do it. It's not likely, but it sounds good, right? Well, here's a couple pictures of Chris doing the major demolition (the part that I couldn't do).

Here is the bathroom before we even moved in. It's hard to see, because it's so small so I couldn't get a good picture, but the shower sits right next to the toilet and the other side of the shower is actually attached to the cabinet for the sink. There just isn't much room to move.




Here's Chris in the middle of trying to figure out how the heck that darn wall is supposed to come out of there! He looks happy, but he's really cussing under his breath at me for involving him in this after he got home from work. But hey, I fed him dinner first, so he can't complain. :)



And here's the "finished" project. It is definitely ugly, but I don't get panicky in there anymore. So now I'll actually get in there to clean it!


No comments: